15ml/1tbsp olive oil
400g minced meat
150g/1 onion chopped
800g/2 cans of whole peeled tomatoes
300g/3 courgettes grated
300g/3 carrots grated
125g/1 red pepper chopped
125g/1 yellow pepper chopped
1 beef or vegetable stock cube or 15ml/1tbsp Swiss vegetable bouillon
20g/4 garlic cloves crushed
15ml/ 1tbsp tomato puree
Black pepper freshly ground if possibly
Pinch of Paprika
For white sauce
30ml/2 tbsp flour
800ml semi-skimmed milk
200g/10-11 (Barilla) lasagne sheets
Spray oil for the oven dish
200g low fat feta cheese
Deep rectangular oven dish 30cm x 27cm x 6cm
How to prepare:
- Chop the onions and peppers. Grate the courgettes and carrots
- Heat the oil in a large non stick pan. Add mince and onions.
- When mince is browned add the carrots, courgettes, peppers and cans of tomatoes. Stir.
- Add vegetable stock cube, black pepper, garlic, tomato puree, paprika, and oregano. Cover and let it simmer for 35-45 min, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare white sauce. In a pan melt the butter. Add the flour and milk. This sauce is meant to be very liquid and only minimum quantity of butter and flour is used to keep the calorie content down. You need this sauce only to moisturise the lasagne sheets.
- Use spray of oil to coat oven dish and spread out with fingers. Pour the white sauce in the bottom so that the lasagne sheets are covered. Add a layer of mince/vegetable mixture and over that another layer of white sauce and on top of that another lasagne sheet. Carry on with white sauce and mince/vegetable mixture for another layer or two so that the last layer is mince/vegetable mixture. Crumble the feta cheese over the top.
- Cover with tinfoil and place in oven at 200C for approx.30 minutes.